Duck, Duck Jeep

 Never in my life had I heard of this phenomenon.  Someone with a jeep leaves a little rubber Duck (or some other rubber bath toy) on your jeep.  Our first experience with this was when we were driving down Main Street in Hannibal. Mo.  A fellow jeep owner who was driving in the opposite direction on the street pulled up really close to us and handed Phil a pink rubber pig.




A week later we came out of a grocery store in Springfield, Illinois and found this on our jeep. 




 Then last week we had a tiny duck left on our jeep in our campground. 

I finally looked up what this all meant and found that we were supposed to regift the ducks to other jeep owners.  So I left the little duck on a jeep at a winery  in Minnesota. The jeep was from Wisconsin.  I left the pig on a jeep from Florida that was parked in our campground.  I’m saving the unicorn for  a special jeep that I find along the way.  I hope we get “ducked” again. It’s very fun. Wish I had known. I have a whole collection of ducks at home that I’ve collected from all over the world. Time to start sharing the love and downsizing my ducks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Idaho Potato Museum