Several years ago I acquired a book called ROAD FOOD by Jane and Michael Stern. It recommends interesting places to eat around the country. Surprisingly it had two places in Brigham City that were recommended. We chose Idle Isle. Open since 1921 it is on a Main Street and comes highly recommended. We were not disappointed. Phil had a pulled pork sandwich with amazing homemade potato salad and I had a BLT. All delicious. But we came for the idleberry pie. Described in the book as “a sultry, dark extravaganza that resonates with the booming fruitiness of blueberries, blackberries, and boysenberries.” It was delicious. Well worth a visit if you are in these parts.
Today was a repositioning day. Moved further east to visit some places in NM before heading to Texas. No sightseeing today so instead some info about where we are going and why. Some of you know that I’ve been visiting National Parks, Memorials, Historic Sites, Monuments.... all to collect passport stamps. Several years ago after I’d been collecting stamps since the 80’s, the Department of Interior came out with a new passport book and it’s a whopper. So I bought it and I’m now on a mission (snd I’m dragging a phil along) to visit as many places listed in this book as possible. Listed in this book are places all over this country and in US Territories where you can visit snd get a passport stamp. As we travel we try and hit some of these spots. Some are historically significant - like battlefields- and some commemorate significant events - treaty signings - we are going to Chamizal National Monument this week. Many are just plain beautiful places in our cou...
After our great lunch we set out to find some local thrift stores. Blocks are very long in Brigham City. Our map took us by the beautiful temple in the center of town. It has very manicured gardens all around. There were many fruit trees. We saw fully ripened cherries and Granny Smith apples. Sure hope they harvest all that fruit and donate it somewhere. The architecture reminded us of what we saw in Prescott and Flagstaff, AZ. Lots of brick buildings built in the 1890s. Some remodeled and some that need some serious attention. But overall Brigham City is a very well kept city. We didn’t buy anything at the thrift stores.
Comments
Post a Comment